Can I put these eBooks on my Kindle?
Yes! Amazon offers several options for transferring PDF .mobi files from your computer to your Kindle. These include:
From your browser: You can send the files directly to your Kindle using a special extension for Google Chrome located here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/sendtokindle/chrome or an extension for Mozilla Firefox located here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/sendtokindle/firefox.
If you’re using Microsoft Internet Explorer or any other browsers, you will need to use one of the other methods.
You can also send the files to your Kindle once you’ve downloaded them on to your computer. Amazon offers a special program for Windows located here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/sendtokindle/pc
And an app for Mac, located here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/sendtokindle/mac, that will allow you to choose which files you’d like to send to your Kindle.
By email: You can also email the files to your Kindle. You can find detailed instructions on how to do this here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/sendtokindle/email
Amazon also offers options for transferring files to your Kindle for website owners and those who have Android devices. You can find those directions here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/sendtokindle/firefox.
One further option for Kindle is to save all of your ebook files to an Amazon Cloud. Once these eBooks are saved, they will show up on your Kindle under “Docs”. This way you don’t have to use up space on your computer or Kindle, but rather it’s all saved on the Cloud.
For .mobi and ePub files, you can sideload to an eReader. Please be guided with the instructions below in sideloading your eBook file onto your eReader:
1. Using a mini USB to USB cord, connect the eReader Device to your computer.
2. Download the e-book file(s) to your computer.
3. Using a file explorer program, open up the eReader (i.e. Kindle, Nook, etc.), which will show up as a temporary drive. Also, open the folder on the computer with the eBook files. (if you downloaded them all in one zip file, you’ll need to unzip the file first)
4. Drag the e-book files from the computer to your devices Books directory.
5. Follow your computer’s procedure for disconnecting peripheral devices. The book will now be available on your eReader
Please note: while the great majority of eBooks in most bundles have also been converted to .mobi format, those eBooks that contain a high percentage of printable content (i.e., pages you wouldn’t read in an eReader, but would want to print off of your computer) have NOT been converted to .mobi format but rather left as PDFs for ease of printing. Some bundles (such as Ultimate Digital Photography and Ultimate DIY) may be available in PDF only because of the content.